- 1 pound or 450g of turkey/chicken mince
- 1 pound or 450g of veal or lean beef mince
- 4 garlic cloves
- 30g of chopped parsley
- 30g of chopped chives
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Use my versatile tomato sauce recipe or two 12 oz / 350 g jars of good quality pre-made tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together and use your hands to combine them well.
- Form medium size meatballs in the palm of your hands and place them on a tray.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pan on medium to high heat and sear the meatballs for 3-5 minutes. Make sure they are brown on all sides. You can use tongues to turn them over. Once seated, remove them from the pan and place them back on the tray.
- In the same pan, heat the tomato sauce on medium and add the meatballs. Once the sauce is simmering, turn the heat down to low-medium and cover the pan. Cook for 12-15 minutes, until they are cooked through. Stir them gently with a wooden spoon a couple of times.
- Your meatballs are ready to be enjoyed! You can serve them with broccoli, green beans, zucchini noodles, or any vegetables of your choice from the green list!
They keep in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.