For this recipe, if you are allergic to nuts or prefer not to use almond flour (ground almonds) for any other reason, you can replace it with quinoa flour. 50 g or 1/2 cup of almond flour can be replaced with 30g or 1/2 cup of quinoa flour.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup or 130g of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/6 cup or 35g of melted coconut oil
- 2 cups or 200g of ground almonds
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup or 30g of coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp of arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder for the mix (or to taste)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder to decorate
- Flaked almonds to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 175 C / 350 F. Put the coconut oil in to melt a few minutes. Mash 2 bananas in a large bowl and whisk in the eggs. Take the coconut oil out of the oven and let it cool down.
- Add in the coconut sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ground almonds, arrowroot powder, and bicarbonate of soda. Combine well before stirring in the coconut oil. Add the blueberries, saving some for decorating.
- Pour the mix into a greased cake tin lined with baking paper and decorate with blueberries, flaked almonds, and a sprinkle of cinnamon powder.
- Bake for 40/45 minutes at 175C/350F. The cooking time can vary depending on the oven. To make sure it is cooked through, insert a toothpick, and see if it comes out clean. If not, it needs cooking longer.
- Let the banana bread cool down completely before eating it. Enjoy!