I love matcha tea and I am the biggest dark chocolate addict I know! So, I have come up with this Matcha and Chocolate Chips Balls recipe. This recipe is DAIRY-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, and GLUTEN-FREE. It contains very few ingredients and I use dates to sweeten it. Dates are packed with fiber and a natural anti-fungal. Matcha tea has very strong anti-oxidant properties as well as dark chocolate. The base is ground almonds. Almonds are the only alkaline nuts and are full of protein and healthy fats. These make a great snack or breakfast if you are in a rush. I like to have them post workout too (not pre-workout as the fat content can slow you down just before working out).
- 2 cups or 200g of ground almonds
- 10 pitted Medjool dates
- 3 teaspoons of matcha powder
- 50g of dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Place 150g of ground almonds (saving the rest for decorating), 2 teaspoons of matcha powder, the sea salt, the vanilla extract, and the dates (remove the pits) in a food processor. Mix until the ingredients form a paste.
- Incorporate the chocolate chips and roll into balls.
- Decorating: Mix the remaining ground almonds with a teaspoon of matcha powder (or more if you want a stronger taste and color) and roll the balls into this mixture.
- Your matcha and chocolate chips energy balls are ready!
You can store them in a container in the fridge for up to a week