For this recipe, *if you are allergic to nuts or prefer not to use almond flour (ground almonds) for any other reason, you can replace it with quinoa flour. 150g or 1.5 cups of almond flour can be replaced with 90g or 1.5 cups of quinoa flour.
- 1 1/2 cup or 150g ground almonds
- 1/2 cup or 50g ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Decorate with 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds or poppy seeds
- Preheat your oven at 350F / 175 C.
- Grease the doughnut pan with coconut oil. In a food processor or a bowl, mix ground almonds, flaxseeds, baking soda, and salt. Add the eggs and vinegar and mix until well combined.
- Place the batter in a food ziplock type bag and snip off one corner. Pipe the mix into the doughnut pan and sprinkle over sesame or poppy seeds.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The cooking time can vary depending on the oven. To make sure it is cooked through, insert a toothpick, and see if it comes out clean. If not, it needs cooking longer.