These muffins are PALEO, GRAIN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, and delicious. I hope you enjoy them!
- 3 bananas (2 in recipe 1 for decorating)
- 2 cups or 200g ground almonds
- 120g or 2/3 cups of coconut sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 4 eggs
- 50g of 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of matcha powder
- Preheat your oven at 170C / 340F.
- Mash the bananas roughly so the consistency isn’t too smooth.
- Mix in eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract. Combine well.
- Add almond flour, arrowroot powder bicarbonate of soda, and matcha. Combine well, and finally add the melted (and cooled down) coconut oil.
- Place muffin cases in your muffin tray or oil with coconut oil or cooking spray and pour the mixture in up to 2/3 of each muffin case.
- Decorate with sliced banana. Bake at 170C 340 F for 25 min. The cooking time can vary depending on the oven. To make sure it is cooked through, insert a toothpick, and see if it comes out clean. If not, it needs cooking longer.
- *if you are allergic to nuts or prefer not to use almond flour (ground almonds) for any other reason, you can replace it with quinoa flour. 50 g or 1/2 cup of almond flour can be replaced with 30g or 1/2 cup of quinoa flour.