This delicious Chia Seed bread is an amazing grain-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free alternative to bread. Many of you really miss bread when starting a low inflammation and gut-healthy lifestyle. This will definitely hit the spot and leave you satisfied instead of bloated. This is a wonderful bread option for diabetics too.
- 4 free range eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 200g or 2 cups of ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon of Arrowroot powder (optional)
- 50g or 1/3 cup of milled chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Whisk 4 eggs until they turn pale.
- Add the salt and the vinegar. Keep on whisking.
- Add the ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda, and arrowroot powder.
- Mix really well and finally add the chia seeds and honey. If you don’t have milled chia seeds, you can use them whole.
- Line a cake tray with coconut oil and baking paper. Pour the mixture in and decorate with chia seeds.
- Bake at 150C or 300F for 50 minutes. The cooking time can vary depending on ovens. To make sure it is cooked through, insert a toothpick and see if it comes out clean. If not, it needs cooking longer.
- Once cooked, let the bread cool down before slicing it.
- *if you are allergic to nuts or prefer not to use almond flour (ground almonds) for any other reason, you can replace it with quinoa flour. 200g or 2 cups of almond flour can be replaced with 120g or 2 cups of quinoa flour.
Keeps for up to 5 days in the fridge.