I had a massive craving for double chocolate chip cookies and adapted my original Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe to make it even more chocolaty! 😊 These are dairy-free, gluten-free, and grain-free! I hope you enjoy it as much as my children and I do!
- 2 cups or 200g ground almonds
- 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/8 cups or 90g melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup or 100g of maple syrup
- 1/3 cup or 90g of dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- a small pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175C or 350F fan.
- Put the coconut oil in a bowl to melt.
- In a large bowl, mix ground almonds + cocoa powder + bicarbonate of soda + salt.
- Take the coconut oil out of the oven and let it cool down for a little bit.
- Add the cooled down coconut oil + maple syrup + vanilla extract and finally the dark chocolate chips.
- Form little balls with your cookie dough and flatten them on a tray lined with greaseproof baking paper. Space them well as they spread.
- * Bake for 10-15 min, depending on the size of your cookies.
- The cooking time can vary depending on the oven. To make sure it is cooked through, insert a toothpick, and see if it comes out clean. If not, it needs cooking longer
- Let them completely cool down before eating them.
- I love them with a good cup of coffee Enjoy!
- *if you are allergic to nuts or prefer not to use almond flour (ground almonds) for any other reason, you can replace it with quinoa flour. 200g or 2 cups of almond flour can be replaced with 120g or 2 cups of quinoa flour, and if you don’t like the taste of quinoa flour, you can either toast it or add a little cinnamon (however, the taste tends to be good after baking).