- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup or 100g of ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup or 80ml of unsweetened coconut milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- Mash the banana in a large bowl or mixer. Add the eggs, coconut milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine well. Add the ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda, and arrowroot powder (optional).
- Leave the mixture to rest for at least 5 minutes before cooking the pancakes.
- Lightly coat the pan with a thin layer of coconut or sunflower oil and cook the pancakes over medium to low heat.
- These pancakes are compliant for breakfast from week 1 on the plan and can be enjoyed by the whole family!
- *if you are allergic to nuts or prefer not to use almond flour (ground almonds) for any other reason, you can replace it with quinoa flour. 200g or 2 cups of almond flour can be replaced with 120g or 2 cups of quinoa flour, and if you don’t like the taste of quinoa flour, you can either toast it or add a little cinnamon (however, the taste tends to be good after baking).