This ratatouille is a delicious way to enjoy summer vegetables.
- 2 medium eggplants (aubergines)
- 3 medium zucchinis (courgettes)
- 3 onions
- 3 bell peppers
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 bouquet Garni (or 2 bay leaves and 2 sprigs of thyme)
- Cut the eggplants and zucchinis in small cubes. Deseed the bell peppers and cut in small square pieces. Deseed the tomatoes and cut in small cubes.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Cook the eggplants with a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan on medium heat, adding a good pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for about 7 minutes or until soft (but not too soft) and set aside.
- Repeat this process with the zucchinis, the bell peppers, and the tomatoes, cooking each type of vegetable separately with olive oil and seasoning them. Soften all the vegetables but do not fully cook them.
- Lastly, cook the onions and crushed garlic together with a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Once all your vegetables are done and set aside, place them all together in a large pan. Cook on medium heat adding either a bouquet garni or a couple of bay leaves and sprigs of time, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir gently regularly.
- Decorate with chopped basil leaves when ready and enjoy warm or cold!
This keeps up to 5 days in the fridge. You can use the leftovers as an omelet filling in the morning, it works so well! It is delicious with baked fish or roast chicken. Enjoy!