- 1 large chicken or capon
- 8 rashers of unsmoked streaky bacon
- 1 pound or 450g of sausage meat stuffing (I like onion and sage and will go gluten free if available)
- Preheat your oven at 200 C / 400 F.
- Place your chicken/capon in a tray. Cover the chicken with the bacon and stuff it with the sausage meat.
- For the cooking time, cook for 30 minutes per 450g / 1lb of chicken, adding 20 minutes to that time.
- Once cooked, take it out of the oven, let it rest for 15 minutes and it’s ready to be carved and served!