- 1 large chicken or capon
- 8 rashers of unsmoked streaky bacon
- 1lb or 450g of sausage meat stuffing (I like onion and sage and will go gluten free if available)
- Preheat your oven at 400 F / 200 C (fan oven).
- Place your chicken/capon in a tray. Cover the chicken with the bacon and stuff it with the sausage meat.
- For the cooking time, cook for 30 minutes per 450g/1lb of chicken, adding 20 minutes to that time.
- Once cooked, take it out of the oven, let it rest for 15 minutes and it’s ready to be carved and served!
Storage TipsIt keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days