- 300g / 10 oz of each variety of mushrooms (overall weight is about 2 pounds / 900g)
- 1 cup / 30 g of fresh chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tbsps of olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Chop the parsley, slice the onions and garlic finely. In a large pan, sweat the onions in the olive oil for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the garlic, cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms. It will seem like a lot of mushrooms, but they lose a lot of water and will reduce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook on medium heat for around 10 minutes, until they have reduced and the water in the pan has evaporated.
- Add the fresh parsley, saving some to decorate, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve and decorate with the remaining parsley. It is ready to be enjoyed as a side dish or to be used in an omelet or tomato sauce!