This is a really tasty recipe that I have on its own for myself and serve with rice for my family.
- 1kg or about 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 spring onions
- 4 shallot onions
- 7 oz or 200g of broccolini / tender-stem broccoli tips
- 3 small or 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 6 pieces of sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 4 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of garlic purée
- 1 tablespoon of tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- Place the chicken pieces, broccoli tips, the trimmed spring onions, garlic cloves, unpeeled and thickly cut sweet potatoes, peeled shallot onions sliced in 2, and sun-dried tomatoes in a large baking tray. Make the paste in a mortar or a bowl with all the ingredients on the list except the olive oil. If you are using a bowl, crush the garlic first. Once they are all combined, add the olive oil progressively, stirring well. Spread the paste over the vegetables and chicken, making sure they are well coated so they do not burn.
- Bake in the oven at 190 C / 375 F for 45 minutes. After about 20 minutes, give them a toss so they bask in the juices and do not dry.