This tomato sauce is very easy to make and so versatile! I of course use it with pasta or rice for my children, but also as a shakshuka base, with zucchini noodles, with konjac noodles, with roasted vegetables, and with baked fish!
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup or 100g of green or black olives
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 2 tablespoons or 30g of chopped fresh basil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of tomato purée
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon of good quality salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- In a pan on medium heat, sweat the chopped onion for about 3 minutes.
- Add the grated garlic and cook for another 3 minutes or until your onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer and cook on low for about 20-25 minutes, making sure to stir it regularly.
- Your delicious tomato, olives, and capers sauce is ready! Enjoy 😊
You can save it in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.