I love a good salad. Niçoise salad has been a favorite of mine for as long as I remember, but I never liked the fact it had potatoes! This is my take on this iconic salad. It is simple, with no starchy carbs, super healthy, and definitely tasty.
- 4 gem lettuce hearts
- 1 large can of tuna in olive oil
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 small Persian cucumbers
- 10 black olives
- A sprinkle of chia seeds
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper for the dressing
- Turn your hob on and put some water to boil. In a small bowl, make your dressing by mixing the juice of a lemon with olive oil and season to taste.
- Place the salad leaves on a plate/bowl. Slice your cherry tomatoes in 2 and add them on top. Follow with the tuna (after draining the oil) and the sliced black olives. Put the dressing on the salad and sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Poach your eggs and place them on top of the salad. Serve.
If you are making this salad for the office, I would suggest making a hard-boiled egg instead of a poached egg as it will keep better. For the dressing, I have a little trick to stop it from spoiling the salad over time. Only put olive oil, salt, and pepper on the salad when preparing it and take a lemon with you to work. Squeeze the lemon on the salad just before eating. That will keep your salad fresh and crunchy for hours!