- 1 1/2 cup or 150g ground almonds
- 1/2 cup or 50g ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of zaatar or thyme
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- A sprinkle of zaatar or thyme to decorate
- Preheat your oven at 350F / 175 C.
- Grease the doughnut pan with any oil. I like using olive oil.
- In a food processor or a bowl, mix ground almonds, chia seeds, zaatar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the eggs and vinegar and mix until well combined.
- Place the batter in a food ziplock type bag and snip off one corner.
- Pipe the mix into the doughnut pan and sprinkle over zaatar or thyme.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The cooking time can vary depending on the oven. To make sure it is cooked through, insert a toothpick, and see if it comes out clean. If not, it needs cooking longer. Let the bagels cool down and serve!
- *if you are allergic to nuts or prefer not to use almond flour (ground almonds) for any other reason, you can replace it with quinoa flour. 200g or 2 cups of almond flour can be replaced with 120g or 2 cups of quinoa flour.