- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives (or 1 of dried chives)
- 2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder (or coconut flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- In a medium bowl, grate the zucchini and toss the salt in. Let it sit for about 20 minutes to extract the water out of it.
- After about 20 minutes, make small balls with it within your palms and squeeze all the water out. I find this method to be the most effective. Repeat the process until there isn’t much water coming out of it anymore.
- Put the shredded zucchini back in the bowl and mix in the pepper, garlic powder, chives, bicarbonate of soda, and arrowroot powder.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil and using two tablespoons, scoop the mixture and place on the plan, gently flattening it so you get lovely looking fritters.
- Cook for a few minutes until golden and flip over. Cook a further 3 to 5 minutes or until golden on the other side.
- Your zucchini fritters are best enjoyed immediately!