The Links Between Mental Health and Physical Health
A Conversation with Dr. Tamsin Lewis:
I hope you enjoy this fascinating insight into the link between chronic disease and dysfunction.
The Psychology of Inflammation
Dr. Tamsin Lewis is a medical doctor with a BSc in Neuroscience and the Biology of Ageing, specialist training in psychiatry and sports medicine, and further education in nutritional and functional medicine.
She is a former GB elite triathlete who started her own company focused on providing an integrated medical service with a unique approach to optimal health. Dr. Tamsin joined me for a live on Instagram to talk about the psychology of inflammation.
In this video, we cover the following:
- What physical processes can happen after emotional trauma?
- How to measure changes in your body.
- How breathing affects your physical and mental health.
- What is the connection between psychological safety and autoimmune issues?
- What is hormesis, and how can it strengthen your body?
- Wellgevity, Dr. Tamsin’s company https://www.wellgevity.co.uk/
- Oura Ring https://ouraring.com/
- WHOOP band https://www.whoop.com/
- Richie Bostock, The Breath Guy https://www.thebreathguy.com/
- Resurface program by Josh Dickson, positive psychology and retreats https://www.resurfaceuk.com/
I have dedicated an entire section to mental wellness on the Eat Burn Sleep Platform, and there is an in-depth section on Depression in the Personalized Advice with extra support. I will continue to add more Videos, interviews, Podcasts, and articles surrounding many topics connected with mental health and physical health. Sign up for the newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!
Reach out to me on Instagram or the team with any questions. Gut health, anti-inflammatory movements, neuroplasticity exercises, and lifestyle will help you emotionally and ease your anxiety and depression.
Wishing you a good day!