Top 5 tips from Clémence of Beauty and Wellbeing
Clémence von Mueffling joined me for a weekly LIVE on Instagram, which so many of you absolutely loved.
She shared wonderful French beauty tips from her book Ageless beauty. Her tips were affordable, easy to implement and oh so valuable in an era where we seem to have disconnected from natural beauty.
Of course, beauty comes from within. A low-inflammation lifestyle does support beautiful skin. Our skin is our biggest organ, and it gets very affected by inflammation. Inflammation causes ageing, acne, and all sorts of skin issues. It is the same with hair. Gut health and low inflammation are crucial for absorbing nutrients and having beautiful, shiny thick hair.
Aside from the above, here are Clémence’s 5 top tips from our live:
- Double Cleansing – Clémence recommends cleansing your skin twice in the evening. You can use the same product, like milk or micellar water. Or different products, like micellar water, first followed by cleansing milk. Or an oil followed by milk or micellar water etc. The first cleanse removes your makeup and the second cleanse actually gets to the pores and properly removes all the impurities. She suggested voiding foams as they are too harsh for the skin
- Ideal hair washing routine – Her sister has the most beautiful hair and always brushes it before washing it, to run the sebum through her locks and protect them from chemicals. She uses a small amount of shampoo which has no sulfates or parabens (and might not foam) only on the roots. She rinses well and removes excess water from her hair before applying conditioner on the ends only. She then proceeds to rinse her hair very well, towel dry it gently and let it air dry as long as possible before blow-drying it on low to medium heat.
- Her favourite products – Clémence loves a French pharmacy, and products from brands like La Roche Posay, Avène, Bioderma, Décleor etc. Her favourite non-invasive treatment is the microcurrent like the NuFace Mini Facial toning device.
- The side effects of botox and fillers – Clémence interviewed some of the top French plastic surgeons and dermatologists. She explained that people who have fillers stretch their skins. Once the skin is stretched it is very difficult to reverse, hence becoming “addicted” to fillers and needing more to achieve that smooth skin. It effectively becomes a vicious circle. The same goes for botox. The body gets used to it and as time goes, top-ups need to be increased in frequency and volume.
- Work on your posture and avoid high impact exercise – Clémence pointed out one of the Eat Burn Sleep main ethos when it comes to exercise. High impact exercise is inflammatory and it is crucial to work on posture to look taller, leaner and also improve digestion (more on this topic soon from myself!). She recommended yoga and pilates over HITT, walking over running. Exactly what I preach! Some forms of yoga and pilates are better than others. I will share all of this soon! Stay tuned 🙂